St. Johns National Bank, St. Johns, MI (Charter 3378)
St. Johns National Bank, Saint Johns, MI (Chartered 1885 - Open past 1935)
St. Johns is located in Clinton County.
St. Johns had two National Banks chartered during the Bank Note Era, and both of those banks issued National Bank Notes.
- Organized Jun 8, 1885
- Chartered Aug 15, 1885
- Succeeded 1539 (First National Bank, St. Johns, MI)
- Bank was Open past 1935
Official Bank Title(s)
1: The St. Johns National Bank, St. Johns, MI
Bank Note Types Issued
A total of $328,010 in National Bank Notes was issued by this bank between 1885 and 1935. This consisted of a total of 26,249 notes (23,504 large size and 2,745 small size notes).
This bank issued the following Types and Denominations of bank notes:
Series/Type Sheet/Denoms Serial#s Sheet Comments 1882 Brown Back 3x10-20 1 - 2542 1902 Red Seal 3x10-20 1 - 500 1902 Date Back 3x10-20 1 - 1130 1902 Plain Back 3x10-20 1131 - 2834 1929 Type 1 6x10 1 - 314 1929 Type 1 6x20 1 - 106 1929 Type 2 10 1 - 185 1929 Type 2 20 1 - 40
Bank Presidents and Cashiers
The St. Johns National Bank Presidents and Cashiers during the National Bank Note Era (1885 - 1936):
Other Bank Note Signers
- There are currently no known Vice President or Assistant Cashier bank note signers for this bank.
- Michigan Bank Note History
- General information on St. Johns (Wikipedia)
- General information on Clinton County (Wikipedia)
- General information on Michigan (Wikipedia)
- Saint Johns, MI, Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Johns,_Michigan
- Don C. Kelly, National Bank Notes, A Guide with Prices. 6th Edition (Oxford, OH: The Paper Money Institute, 2008).
- Dean Oakes and John Hickman, Standard Catalog of National Bank Notes. 2nd Edition (Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 1990).
- Banks & Bankers Historical Database (1782-1935), https://bbdata.banknotehistory.com