Puerto Rico Bank Note History
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Puerto Rico Bank Note History home page consolidates historical information on the National Bank, Bankers and Banking History of Puerto Rico, and lists helpful Research Resources.
Puerto Rico National Bank History
- This 2014 Paper Money article by Peter Huntoon provides a good history of the only National Bank in Puerto Rico during the National Bank Note era.
- Information on the origin and history of National Bank Notes (Wikipedia)
- General information on Puerto Rico (Wikipedia)
Puerto Rico Research Resources
- Don C. Kelly, National Bank Notes, A Guide with Prices. 6th Edition (Oxford, OH: The Paper Money Institute, 2008).
- Dean Oakes and John Hickman, Standard Catalog of National Bank Notes. 2nd Edition (Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 1990).
- The National Bank Note Census, nbncensus.com
- OCC Annual Reports 1863-1935 (U.S. Treasury Dept: Office of the Comptroller of the Currency).
- (The OCC Annual Reports are available online at the Currency Club of Chester County (PA) website).
- The Bankers Magazine 1846-1922 (New York: various publishers over the years).
- (The Bankers Magazine volumes are available online at the Currency Club of Chester County (PA) website).
- Rand McNally Banker's Directories 1879-1935 (Chicago: Rand McNally & Company).
- Polk's Banker's Encyclopedias 1895-1935 (Detroit and New York: Polk Bankers Encyclopedia Co.).
- FDIC, Bank Find History website. https://research2.fdic.gov/bankfind/index.html
- Ancestry.com, Findagrave.com, Newspapers.com